View Single Post
Old 2006-02-07, 03:52   Link #115
ninraven

I didn't really think about this before but, with Shanks as one of the elite swordsman of the world (or so i am told), think he has been set up to be an opponent of zoro's in the future?

I had mentioned this before...

[quote]I think it would be great if Oda pulled a huge fast one over everyone, and when/if Zoro defeats Mihawk, that Zoro takes Mihawks place in the shichibukai. He's already teased Zoro vs Luffy before, like at Whiskey Peak, and was offered a Baroque Work's posistion which he declined unless they made him the boss. So the opportunities have been there before for Zoro to be on the opposite side of Luffy, but fate has led them to this course.[/b]

Shanks, i believe, is searching for one piece like the rest of the pirates are. They are bound to come into opposistion with the straw hats at some point. Granted I doubt this would happen until close to the end.

But if Shanks was a rival of Mihawks, that means that is someone Zoro must defeat on his way to becomming the worlds greatest swordsman. Problem is, Shanks is Luffy's hero basically. Would he stand in Zoro's way? If so....

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceManga/...to&PhotoID=141

If Luffy does something to stand in Zoro's way, namely in the case of shanks, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro left the crew and took either Mihawks place in the schichibukai, or shanks place if he is indeed a member.

I just began thinking about it after thinking of Shanks as a swordsman. Whenever the oppnent is a swordsman, Zoro always tells luffy that he is his opponent. So the same could be said of shanks.

Anyway, don't mind me. Just thinking out loud.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote