Old 2007-09-18, 21:13   Link #205
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
I completely agree.

I love both shows, too. Despite some common points, they are deeply different so it's no use trying to see which is the "better" ...
I'm not saying which one is better. I'm just saying that, due to the genre similarities (which they have, please don't try to deny it, even when they have different styles, they are of the same genre), Azumanga Daioh managed to provoke feelings on me that Lucky Star never managed to. The finale in AzuDai was deeply emotive, and very well carried out, however, in Lucky Star, I didn't feel a drop of emotion. Like I said, it may be because I'm not in high school anymore, but there is something to the AzuDai girls singing the typical Japanese high school anthem (can't remember its name), Chiyo-chan crying (though in a funny way), Osaka being Osaka, Tomo-chan annoying Yomi and Yomi replying back, and so, that made me feel strongly emotive towards the series. Not only I felt the whole of the series was perfectly carried out (I have many pickings about the way Lucky Star was delivered, for example, the thing I mentioned about not having a very coherent gag continuity), but I also felt something towards the characters.

In Lucky Star, I can't remember the name of half of the cast. I think that should be enough proof that, in my case, Lucky Star didn't reach such a high ground. Unfortunately, I have watched Azumanga Daioh, and even more unfortunately, I can't help drawing a comparison--they're both the same genre. But even without comparing them, the show still failed to appeal my emotions accordingly.

It doesn't mean it's bad. Actually, there aren't good shows or bad shows. There's shows I like, and there's shows I dislike. So it is for everyone else on this planet. I enjoyed Lucky Star, but not quite enough.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.