View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 02:07   Link #30
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I believe private affairs should be kept out of political affairs. I got a question for you... I'm sure you heard of our founding fathers Alexander Hamilton and Benjamin Franklin. What do you think of these men in history? Men with unacceptable conduct? If you've studied American history you should know that Ben Frank was sort of a play boy and that Hamilton had an affair during his life. Are we going to downsize them for this? They were pretty much like Clinton, but we give great due respect to them. I'm sorry, but if a guy acts savagely in his private life and does whatever immoral practice (Within legal jurisdiction at least), but is a good leader, then I could give a rats-ass about what he does. A President needs the ability to be a good leader, he doesn't need to be mother Teresa.

EDIT: Oh yea, AL Gore is a fricken hypocrite. He talks about saving the world and yada yada yada, but consumes like 27 times the amount natural resources as a normal person. He doesn't have fluorescent light bulbs, wastes oil with his private jets, and drives a freaking Suburban. If you're trying to make a statement, follow it up your own damn self first.
Maybe, but the fact is that he WAS found out and in case you forgot, CLINTON LIED WHILE UNDER OATH. If that doesn't make him unfit to be President in and of itself, Hell, I don't know what would.

And yes, I definitely agree that Al Gore is a huge hypocrite. However, I wonder if any of the current presidential candidates are like that? I should find out.