View Single Post
Old 2003-11-14, 21:30   Link #81
Xeno

I think you can do it, I'm teaching myself japanese at the moment, I bought a great dictionary, multiple books with different perspectives on grammar which also teach the language(to help understand it better), as well as a book to teach me how to write the language correctly. Pronunciation I'm not bad at, but I do use tapes on occasion. As said before, it is easier to have learned some of other languages first, I myself have taken 2 years of italian, just started german(which I'm acing), and I've also been learning swedish. I find learning languages easy, seems to be just a knack I have. But then again, I enjoy studying languages in my spare time(I am extremely dedicated, and you need that to learn japanese). So if your truely dedicated, and have a cause, I myself am self teaching myself until college, since its 2 years away till then, and I'm going for my doctorate in japanese in order to become a professor, so that I can either teach japanese here, or go to japan and possibly teach english there. I think you can do it with dedication, but don't half ass it.
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote