View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 12:03   Link #30
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelmonster View Post
I didn't miss it thanks, I took it as him giving them to nagato meant he activated them by causing the war in the Mists land when Nagato was a child. not that he surgically implanted them into Nagato as a child. The eye blood line limits seem to have to be activated before they become useful, Madara needed them but Nagato had to activate them first...at least that is wha tI took from the storyline.

If he wanted the renningan from Nagato. why would he give them to Nagato in the first place?
That is what i was thinking about too, my assumption is that Madara probably implanted sharingan or even his own EMS eyes into Nagato so that his Uzumaki blood would evolve the sharingan into the rinnegan. This theory would be probably the most logical if Madara searched for all Uzumaki descendants that are scattered around the world and used them as containers for the sharingan eyes. And one of them had awakened the rinnegan while the others probably failed and died. He probably killed Nagato's Uzumaki parents and placed him in some random family. BTW if this were true then both Sasuke and Naruto could say that Madara used their clans to gain more power, and in the process most of them died. This would also mean that most likely the Sage of 6 path's was an Uzumaki, and so Sasuke and Naruto are distant siblings.

But to return to the original question: we only have assumptions, so if we take Madara's words literally then he had the rinnegan before he met Nagato. But it doesn't matter anyway, since Nagato was under his orders he could simply order Nagato to read it for him. Or do you expect that Nagato lied to Madara?
One sign that he didn't lie is that when he did his Chibaku Tensei he said that the sage created the moon with it, and Madara tells the same thing to the kages at the summit, so it seems these two guys had the same knowledge. But of course there can be a last chapter in that text that Nagato didn't want to reveal to Madara, but why would he lie to Madara when he was always so loyal to him, Kishimoto never even hinted that Nagato was not totally loyal to Madara.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote