View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 18:57   Link #839
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It'd take a lot of explaining to make Uryuu the big bad...so much that I wouldn't even know where to begin to make it all work. Because even if Kubo was somehow able to plausibly explain his motivation for faking friendship all this time, he'd need a plausible way to obtain the power worthy of a main antagonist since the Uryuu we know of presently isn't all that strong. And it would be extremely hard to believe he was just intentionally faking his skills and strength this entire time. I'd honestly have an easier time believing Ryuuken could become the main bad guy.

Instead, I'm sure the Ishida's will remain good guys in the end. Afterall, someone's going to need to teach Ichigo how to wield those latent Quincy powers of his.
Well, Ishida turning against Ichigo wouldn't have to mean their friendship was false. Byakuya loves Rukia with all his heart, yet that didn't stop him from doing everything in his power to see her executed. And Tousen's friendship with Komomura was also, I believe, genuine. But Tousen's bitterness towards Soul Society as a whole meant he had to turn against Komomura.

Characters with a really strong sense of obligation can turn against people they have close bonds with because they put duty first. Uryuu seems like he could possibly be that type. If he directly had to choose sides between the shinigami and the Quincy, he might feel he has to go with the Quincy. We know he feels he can't be involved with the current battle as it is, so there already seems like some conflict.

As for power, if it were explained he is reincarnation/direct descendent/avatar of Juha Bach, his full power could be dormant. It'd be interesting if the reason Ryuuken didn't want him associating with shinigami in the first place is because he feared they'd figure out he was special and would want to destroy him. But...it seems way too cool to happen

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote