View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 23:15   Link #40
allenephilim88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voduar View Post

As to Lelouch himself, he is indeed an interesting character, but a trait that is not yet being talked about is what seems to be his colossal hypocrisy. For example, he is clearly aware that his militaristic activities are influencing both innocent and neutral parties, but he only cares about collateral damage when it impacts someone he knows. I found this bothersome because it strikes me as incredibly wrong to treat SOME people like chess pieces, but to move others off the board because they are precious, or somesuch nonsense. It is particularly irksome when a character that is supposed to be as intelligent as he is seems to be blind to the fact that he allows personal attachment to so often cloud his judgement. Ironically, perhaps it proves that he is exactly the same man his father is, right down to the contempt for those that do not serve his needs.
I think its only natural to do that. People you care about arenīt as "expendable" as people you havenīt even met. Even a mastermind like him would end up giving preference to the people he cares about. Certainly its not fair and its one of Lelouch "flaws", but thats the only thing that separates him and every human being from a cold, calculating machine.

Still, I think that threating everyone like chess pieces is too much. Sometimes he seems to be thruly concerned about his subordinates, but then he suddenly changes and threats them like worthless chess pieces.

Anyways, I really like the character. He needs to make some excercise though, like lifting some weights, or at least practice a lot in a KMF (he can improve his skills a lot by training with Kallen). That would make him a stronger leader and it would make his encounters with Suzaku more interesting, not just simple gun fights like in episode 25.
allenephilim88 is offline   Reply With Quote