View Single Post
Old 2009-02-13, 08:48   Link #149
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
With Minori, the ending is what really irritated me. I was expected her to dump Ryuuji, but why in such a happy fashion? She was clearly depressed during the whole arc until the moment at the ending. I don't understand why she wasn't emotional seeing her friend CRYING ON THE STREET. How can she just blow the whole thing off after she was so concerned about her losing friendship? From staying quiet and being in deep thought to suddenly being happy and weird again? It just doesn't follow.
I think your missing something here.

Minori, in any of those scenes was not happy at all...

It killed her inside to reject Ryuuji but she didnt want to let on that she was doing it for Taiga's sake. The whole reason she covered her eyes was because tears were building up inside them and couldnt bear to look Ryuuji for she might breakdown too.

Not everyone can express their feelings in so hyper-emotional way like Taiga. Thats why she didnt go to comfort her crying on the street either (I assume)...the reason Taiga was crying was because she was going to lose Ryuuji to Minori.

How would she feel if Taiga saw Minori then? Is Taiga suppose to tell her best friend not to go out with Ryuuji, even though she knows he likes Minori.

Its similar to the Student Council President rejecting Kitamura. In her heart she did like him a lot but rejected him for what she thought would be his benefit. Like she said, not everyone can have the luxury of being an idiot who only knows how to move forward...or something along those lines.

Good ep, but annoys me how Minori and Ami just got totally shafted...