Thread: THE iDOLM@STER
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-16, 03:30   Link #19
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
It's pretty obvious that the game doesn't have completely innocent intentions. I mean Miki is a 14 year old who "just has boobs that big, we dunno"?? If you don't like, don't like, but I don't think it's fair to hound someone for stating the obvious. Why exactly does everyone know that this game will never officially hit the shores of North America?
She's not even that big.

But if you really want to know the answer, one of the interviews with the producer asked this, and it went along the line of 'Idolm@ster is apparently very popular overseas, do you ever have any intention of releasing outside of Japan?' And his answer was, 'No, because many of the idols are underaged, and yet are put to work, the perception of underaged workers might be perceived negatively in other countries as examples of child abuse or such.' Basically loli marketing is a no go.

No one cares about the 'sexual' problem because it doesn't exist. Only in the minds of perverted people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I have watched Let's Plays of the game and even when you're not being a complete and utter scumbag to the girls, the dialogues are extremely suggestive to the point where I feel like it was originally an H-game adapted for mass market.
I don't want to turn this into a 'let's defend Idolm@ster against the ignorant masses' but what specifically gives you that idea?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote