View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 18:20   Link #28142
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
PrimeShannon might have pictured a game in which people looked as if they were killed but were actually alive, a thing that on the gameboard became true but that is completely false for Prime.

We always end up on this crossroad. While it's too heavvily implied to be false that Yasu killed people on the gameboard was she capable to do the same on Prime? Somehow this doesn't seem to be possible...
Yes i agree with this. This is probably what we are intended to think. However even on the gameboard we don't have anything to back up that Yasuda was capable to murder. Somehow the why-dunnit from Will was unsatisfying.

Maybe the "without love it cannot be seen" has multiple meanings. Aside from the multiple personality meaning, it could also mean the "love for fiction". It was stated in EP5 that the game is only solvable if the communication between reader and author works well, or to put it in Virgilia's words: That the author and the reader must love each other.

I think the correct answer for the gameboards is not "Yasuda is the culprit" but instead "Yasuda is the culprit but it's not like her, it's out of character" I guess it is the reason why Will only "won" the battle in EP7, but Battler even "understood everything about this world" in EP5. Only people that know Yasuda well can see through the facade of the Yasuda-culprit theory. Because hey, it is an anti-mystery.

This raises another problem: While Yasuda-culprit theory seems to be most the probable solution on the gameboard, isn't it the same as admitting that the witch exists? Or in other words: "To lose the game by giving up"? After all it's Yasu=Beato. I am starting to doubt Will's solution to be the perfect answer. Maybe we can really find the prime culprit (if one even exists), by going through the gameboard again.

One important part that i have realized: Will used EP1-4 to achieve the truth, while Battler had EP1-5. Maybe even that is wrong. Maybe Will only had the pure mysteries... means: Legend, Turn, Banquet and Alliance...

But yes, it's still full of "crossroads". Just look how often i used "maybe"...
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote