Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 23:18   Link #2274
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
You know this theory is perfectly plausible. It does have an interesting irony that Saki's demon aura, the one that induces fear in everyone that feel it, flares up when Saki herself is scared. Its like as you've said the demonic aura is more of a defense mechanism so that people won't attack her. After watching the series some more, I find its interesting that Saki's demon aura of doom flares up when Saki is in highly stressful situation like when she is lost ala Ryuumonbuchi and Achiga encounter or in the last match wherein Saki was feeling scared. Its also doubly amusing that the there is a possibility that if Saki is in complete control and not scared, you would probably not find a peep of her aura at all.

Though, the fact that it is a defense mechanism doesn't in my eyes detract from the perceived danger by her opponents. For me, the danger is very real. If we consider that while Saki is spewing demonic aura of doom on her opponents she is in +/- zero mode, then attacking her is inherently a bad idea. Because the harder Saki loses points in that mode, the harder she needs to hit someone so that she would reach her sweet spot.
Actually, she also had the demon aura when she was found her confidence against Koromo.
I think the scary thing about Saki is that whether she's afraid or confident she's always perfectly rational and thinking ahead. The difference is that when she's afraid she goes for +/- zero, whereas when she's confident, she goes all out to rape you without lube.
So you either get a monster or the queen of hell.

Anyhow, the next match in Achiga-hen should prove to be a roller-coaster. On one hand, I think we can vouch on Shiraitodai and Achiga going through; the first due to final boss status and the latter due to MC status (and too many hints - promises and shit). But I'm sure the other teams will give a hard battle. I'm sure Ryuuka will start playing poorly due to Toki's state, but will probably play better because Toki shows up or something. Himeko is expected to do some shit due to her ability. I'm expecting Awai to live up to all the hype she's had so far.