View Single Post
Old 2011-07-03, 15:18   Link #8046
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Here's my thoughts on how I would have handled the whole situation, mostly because I've been in Haruto's friend's shoes before.

On one hand, we've got Haruto. Childhood friend, but has proven that he can be selfish, a jerk, can't take criticism or any listen to any advice that goes against what he wants without getting angry. Through the course of the story, he's shown that he has no qualms about lying to people (like Nanami and Asuka), or going on a date with his ex-girlfriend while going out with someone else.

Now, if I was Haruto's friend in this situation, first thing I never would have done is give Eba a free pass after she hurt him like Seo had them do. She hurt Haruto badly, lied to him, dumped him for a stupid reason (in my opinion, others view it differently I'm sure), and then they didn't see each other for two years. As Haruto's friend, I wouldn't just say "it's fine". I'd say, stay "stay the hell away from him." He's my friend, he was hurt and I don't like seeing my friends hurt.

Fast forward two years later. Haruto is still lying and hiding things (and getting caught in those lies, like when Nanami saw him come out of the hotel with Shiori). On top of that, Asuka's joined the circle of good friends. Next thing you know, she gets dumped for Eba, who Haruto was seeing behind her back. Now, first off, my respect for Haruto would definitely drop, childhood friend or not, because he hurt a good girl to get back together with the one who hurt him. However, I wouldn't cut him out of my life or tell him to get back together with Asuka, as it's not my place. Plus, the damage has been done and I wouldn't want the poor girl living a lie. I'd yell at Haruto and call him an idiot, but I wouldn't stop being his friend.

However, by now Asuka is also my friend and she did absolutely nothing wrong, so I'm not going to stop hanging out with her because Haruto dumped her. I don't abandon friends that easily. I'd have no problems if Haruto wants to join us while we hang out, it's his choice. If it's awkward, it's his own fault.

This actually happened to me. Was friends with a guy and his girlfriend, both since highschool. He dumped her, but I refused to stop hanging out with his ex-girlfriend and other friends because she was also my friend. In the end, he stopped hanging out with us. The girl and I (and her husband, who was also a high school buddy) are like family to me now-- been friends for 17 years-- and no one even talks to the other guy anymore. We didn't push him out-- it was his choice to leave and it would have been asinine of him to ask us to take sides between friends. We hung out a few times when she wasn't around, but most big get togethers he didn't shown up for because she was there. Again, his choice, as he was always welcome.

That's probably the best way you can handle a situation like thus when you're friends with both parties.
If I was good at writing in English, I would write a post like this!!
Perfect, I agree 100%