Thread: The last of us
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-15, 21:45   Link #220
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this game was stellar. i've played a lot of "the best game of this generation," on narrative alone, this game trumps all of them. it was a mature game that maintained that standard all the way through. the parallel from the beginning to the end of the game was excellently done. the way their relationship developed from start to finish was also amazing. at the end, i was like, "oh my god, which one of you is going to die?!" and thankfully, they didn't write it out like that.

and winter was by FAR the best chapter. it showed the good and bad that comes out in people in a situation like this in one person. plus that chapter made me a ninja with the bow and arrow. easily the best weapon in the game.

and yeah, the first 10 minutes of the game are better than some full fledged titles... browsing the earlier posts in the thread, the tension is palpable when you have to decide how to approach a room of clickers or enemies when you only have 2 shots in your revolver. you quickly learn to use bottles/bricks both as a distraction and as a throw at enemy, one shot them with your melee weapon.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2013-07-15 at 21:55.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote