View Single Post
Old 2014-04-01, 18:09   Link #11409
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
You know, now that I think about it, the Destiny Plan somewhat connects to Rau, well more of what he said in SEED. "To be the strongest, to go the farthest, to climb the highest! To compete, to envy, to hate each other, and to devour one another!" What I saw with the "destiny" part of the plan, having people assigned jobs of what their genes says they are most suited for, and that people doesn't have much of a freedom, they wouldn't be competing one another, trying to surpass one another, and hate won't arise. This way, people won't be fighting one another.
Nah, not really. Examples:
1. I get assigned a job I absolutely do not enjoy , while my jerk of a neighbor gets his dream job. He goes ahead and flaunts it.
2. My neighbor gets a job which pays more because there's more demand for it, or gives him perks like fame or travel. I don't, and I really really want those things he has.
3. I want to do something and the destiny plan says I have to do something else.

The only way the destiny plan would work is through suppression of free will, or universal acceptance of a hive mentality.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote