Thread: Licensed Kaze no Stigma
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 12:27   Link #1051
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kazuma's and ayano's relationship is pretty much equal. As levin would say - its a relationship between one person and another person, rather than realationship between one person and another thing.

BTW, relationship with another person as a thing doesnt mean that you would treat that other as a crap. It might be totally different. Just like we treat things. To some we have no feelings and just use, to some we feel some attachment as reminders of our youth or mistakes or something, and others we simply worship turning them into a modern fetish.

The same goes in a onesided relationship - I might treat the other person as a usable thing or might worship as a god walking on the ground, yet the main point - I would never treat him/her as equal to me, I will be either higher or lower.

Bytheway, the bigger half of long term relationships are rather relationships between a person and a thing, as you notice people who live longer with each other the realatiionship is calmer and more calculated - most pairs keep the bond usually because of attachment or the the bonds they build between each other (children, home, work). However such relationship isnt very lively. Fights happen but that doesnt mean that its a fight between equals.

To be equals we have to let the other person by himself/herself. That means giving some personal space where we wouldnt intrude. since when we know the other person throughly relationship transforms into that a person-thing. Some even experience the short satisfaction as if having conquered some land, but after that - they would loose any interest into the person.

Some people held to being first because of this strange sense of satisfaction. With first I mean - first kiss, first love or first sexual experience. it pleases our ego. In a sense its an action of ultimate conquer of the other, since no one else will be her//his first but you. yet, if you are attach to these things bit too much,you should start questioning yourself if you see your partner as a person or rather as an object , a trophy.

We saw that in anime's/mangas too right? I mean lets say the girl hunts the boy (or vice versa) until she gets what she wants then looses any interest in him and goes hunting others. Knowing other throughly is making him/her lower than you are, or making him/her fall in love with you while you yourself keep the distance - also make him/her lower.

The equality is only in the middle of relationship when we are nor too close neither too far away. I know some people who to keep such relationship through many years, but its very hard and demanding thing.

Usually realationships are short. then it either breaks or steps into a simulation where I unconsciously start treating the partner as a thing.

The other person should always be the other, yet not too distant. Thats why relationship is always a challenge - a challenge of giving where you have to give, but not too much, and taking, where you have to take but not too much again. Its a very hard challenge sadly.

If coming back to KnS - we see thye sparkle. Kazuma isnt allien to Ayanao, but they are not "äs one"either. They can still grow closer though as they arent in a golden middle yet.

The best anime reference and illustration to all what I have said would be evangelion. If you watched it you know that in eoE movies all humanity turned into One. Basically no feeling of loneliness and in a sense an ultimate love, never ending romance - love of oneself. But this way there were no personalities left.

Other person gives us joy, but gives as sadness and pain, yet its this experience that makes us be individuals. such hurting realtionship is person-person relationship, when you treat other as thing you will eventually treat yourself thing-like and will feel strange distance from the self that goes to the work or the self that kisses that girl at the bar, and so on.

Person-person relationship is mostly based on pain and difference, yet also closeness in the difference. In evangelion Shinji chooses to return to such world, and Asuka does the same. Anno who was making it was suffering from depression at that time, so its definitely his way of expressing himself. Twisted but pretty artful way.

I dont think that KnS would reach same depth of symbolism and interpretation as Evangelion did (after all the director isnt a mentally sick weirdo), but it gives (unconsciously) of few interesting examples of person-person relationship.

God what I am turning this thread into?!
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote