View Single Post
Old 2011-08-30, 17:47   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Ahhh...okay, so IBN5100 wasn't needed for Daru to hack into SERN in order to remove the data? All it does is to change from Alpha (where Mayuri died) to Beta (where Kurisu died). Now, Suzuha's motivation, in addition to meeting her dad, is to secure the IBN5100 to be used for this right? So that her future won't be a dystopia (Alpha) but instead Beta.
No at all, they need to hack in there, otherwise, the world line would have changed the second Okabe gets his hands on the IBN5100.
Indeed, they need that old PC in order to decrypt SERN's special data where the information regarding the first D-mail was stored.
However, remember that their world line changed, therefore the actions done in the Alpha world are -not- needed in the Beta world (similar how the D mails were canceled: Okabe couldn't stop the original Dmail to be sent, so he has to cancel them instead).

In the Beta world line, the data about the D-mail is -already- erased, but the world has to change itself in order to reflect such change (as in: no data, no way for them to complete their own machine => no dystopia => Suzuha not having a half assed machine => no crash on the building => no interruption for the conference => Kurisu dies => loop is completed).
Quote:
In other words - the fate of the story is to initially have an Beta timeline, which will definitely be changed due to Okabe (which both Suzuha and SERN already knows?) into the Alpha timeline where SERN rules. Suzuha's plan was to secure the IBN in order not to make sure that the timeline stays Beta, but to make sure that Okabe can change things back to Beta.
Correct.
Quote:
And the Beta timeline is the WW3 timeline...but does this mean that Kurisu is still fated to die after all? I don't want that...I'm still pretty confused, I think I eed to get some sleep first and sort things out again tomorrow, maybe see some older episodes to check things again as well.
The problem is whether or not Kurisu's fate is stuck by an Attractor Field like it was the case for Mayuri.