View Single Post
Old 2006-05-07, 03:28   Link #68
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
out of curiosity, in the game, wut would be considered the best or creepiest arc....?
The answer to that varies a lot from people to people, for me:

Onikakushi-hen: It was great while it lasted. But compared to the other chapters, this was really nothing but an intro to the game.
Watanagashi-hen: Things really got interesting in the second half when the tension and pace picks up. The ending was *censored*
Tatarigoroshi-hen: My favorite chapter. But still, Satoko... ( つдT)
Himatsubushi-hen: ( ’・ω・) Rika-chama...
Meakashi-hen: Beginning: ( ´ー`) Aww | Middle: Σ((;゜ д ゜)) Hiii | Last: ( つдT) NOOOoOoooOO!
Tsumihoroboshi-hen: Beginning: ( ’・ω・) Rena... | Middle: ( ゜ー゜) Hoho | Last: ( >ヮ<) GOGOGO-----! | After Ending: _____ (spoiler)
Minagoroshi-hen: Beginning: (;´ д `) Everything's so... great, yet, so sad | Middle: ( つдT) For the love of god, no... | Last: ( 〇д〇)... | Ending: *censored*

That was confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
About purchasing the game itself, which I have located on Paletmail (looking elsewhere too), just to confirm: "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" contains "Onikakushi", "Watanagashi", "Tatarigoroshi" and "Himatsubushi" (4 chapters) while "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai" contains "Meakashi", "Tsumihoroboshi" and "Minagoroshi" (3 chapters) right?
That's right, if you looked at kj's list, you'll notice that everytime a new chapter came out, the new disk contained that chapter PLUS all the previous chapters (except the fact that the "answer" chapter disks don't contain the "question" chapters).

In other words, all you need to buy is the Himatsubushi-hen disk (since it was the 4th chapter, it contained the first 4 chapters. In other words, the entire "question" arc), and the Minagoroshi-hen disk (it's the latest "answer" disk, containing itself + all previous "answer" chapters (Meakashi, Tsumihoroboshi))

In simpler terms, the two disks here: http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Higurasi.htm

Why carry over the chapters onto newer disks?
1) New player friendly: Rather than having to search for and buy every released chapter on seperate disks (1000 yen/ea), newcomers would only have to spend less than 3000 yen for two disks: one containing all the "question" chapters, one containing all the "answer" chapters (so far).
2) Collectors value for the older chapter disks. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
After hearing about the sound effects of the game (and their non-appearance in the anime) I'm thinking of getting it because I'm such a sucker for Japanese horror background sound. *shivers at memory of sounds in Juon, Fatal Frame etc*
I think the musics and the sounds are what made Higurashi for me. Especially when we get into the answer chapters starting with Meakashi, musics like dai-san's wonderful piano arrangements ("Iru", as short as it is, still remains my favorite piano track EVER) or the "thinking" musics by Propan Mode were probably just as vital for me in the game as the story itself.

Knowing that the anime probably won't have them is kinda disappointing, but I'm not going to hold it against Deen, they're probably doing their best.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-07 at 04:09.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote