Thread: Licensed Bakuman (TV) (All Seasons)
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-07, 20:15   Link #772
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze what an episode. Though might be simpler to just tell him he's been put on hiatus by the Editor. Though suppose with Mashiro this crazed he probably wouldn't stop. They are going to need someone with a whole lot more force and presence to do something here. Takagi is stuck in the position of not wanting his friend to self-destruct, but also the personal position of wanting him to keep going so their manga can succeed. The Azuki gambit has failed and now she'll be more of a hindrance to anyone trying to stop him.

Maybe the only one in a position to do something here in the Chief Editor. I'd like to say his mother could do something but not too convinced for some reason. Would agree that just because he's young doesn't mean it's fine for him to keep going like this. If he dies then that's it. But suppose if he wants to join his uncle in the grave then that's his call. Clear that no one in the room in the end of the episode can stop him.

Do wonder if the quality will fall though. Mashiro is hardly working in ideal circumstances and there will be stress on Takagi as well. The decision might be made for them if Trap rapidly falls. If the health of the author is the chief concern then they might not fight too hard to save Trap from being cancelled.

On a certain level I really want to just hit Mashrio despite the whole hospitalized thing. I get where his head is, but it's just frustrating to watch this guy right now.