View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 20:12   Link #8077
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know where this hesitate from wounding/killing people mentality that people seem to automatically input into her character comes from, but she did 'causally' fight a Railgun into a squad of Hound Dog without worries. And from those punks we know that she's more than happy to lay down the hurt, so wounding isn't an issue.
I think 'lay down the hurt' is different to 'KO without injuring them too badly'... after all, tasers are supposed to be 'safe' weapons that subdues but not kill (I don't know if that's really the case though - Don't know enough about Real-Life weapons here ). Mikoto was picking off people that isn't much of a threat to her (ie Hound Dogs), so wounding opponents or not in that circumstance isn't really much of a point?
(I'm assuming that magicians like Sherry or Stiyl would be able to outmatch a van full of Hound Dogs, and someone that might actually be a threat to Mikoto in a fight - Mikoto vs Hound Dogs is pretty much just a one-way beatdown for the poor sods fighting the Railgun)

@Shinji103:
1) Mikoto's win in the fight with ITEM was less due to Mikoto's own skill and more because of Mugino's arrogance IMO... Mugino told the others to retreat so she can fight Mikoto one on one, and then fell for Mikoto's trap at the end.
Even at the start Mikoto wasn't fighting ITEM at full power - one member was at another site, and Frenda was already down when Mugino finally stepped in.

2) Mikot have the skills, and maybe the capability for battle... but probably not the experience. She's probably like one of those rookies that is talented but lack field experience. I'll concede that Mikoto living the 'rich girl' life doesn't mean she won't have experience... but at the same time, it doesn't means she does have experience, seeing as she haven't ran into something from the Dark Side of Academy City before that incident with Level Upper.

3) For the record, Acqua was the one that put up the area spell to prevent civilians getting in.
And to your main burn that Mikoto just let Touma walked off like that... I'd like to say Mikoto's just a 14-yr old (give or take 1-2 yrs?) teenage girl, and is overwhelmed by her discovery that she has some sort of deep feeling towards Touma; BUT I'm not, nor ever have been, a teenage girl and thus can't say how a teenage girl would react in that situation So if you can't accept the reason that was implicitly stated in the novels that Mikoto is frozen by her own discovery than I can't really provide any more reasoning *shrug*