View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 01:54   Link #116
Mentar
Banned

The problem as I see it is that the reaction to the movie was lukewarm at best, and in fact most of HnG big fans actually saw it as a huge disappointment (me included). The only people I have heard mild praise from were those who didn't follow HnG closely or haven't even heard of it before.

What Hata is trying here is stop the clock. He feels that if he proceeds with the story main arc, he won't be able to drag out the ending much longer. But instead of giving the show a spectacular ending and proper closure, he's trying to pretend that nothing really happened and that he can still write nonconsequential gag chapters instead without alienating his fanbase. I wonder if that's true, because at least I feel my own mood change from good to bad.

I also think that this is why he doesn't want to do the Greek arc as anime. If he does, he'll develop major pressure to follow up on it. And instead of this pressure for an ending, he wants the opposite. *shrug*

Finally, I suspect that he'll try to emphasize the butler-lady issue in both movie and anime to grow support for his planned Nagi ending. Good luck, Hata. I don't see it working. At the very least, to me it becomes clear that what the author wants and what the fans want has never been more diametrally opposed than today.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote