View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 20:48   Link #46
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its always amusing to watch someone fire "full auto" for the first time ... particularly gamers. Tain't like the games (though I've found a few games that try to model the effect). A couple of my wife's cousins are firearms dealers and will occasionally bring their latest full-auto toy to family gatherings (target shooting being a standard part of most holidays).

Not much to say otherwise, I've been shrinking my personal armory over the years to a few preferred implements. I have a Glock 30 (short barrel .45acp), my tiny but fearsome wife uses a Glock 19 (short barrel 9mm). We have a home defense shotgun (Mossberg 500 modified pistolgrip/foldingstock) and a few other items. My favorite is a pure toy, a .22cal magnum western-style derringer (2 shots). It has an effective range of about 5 feet - its primary purpose being to made a noise like a cannon with an amazing flash. I pull it out on firework holidays and shoot it at night. It literally fits in my hand. (not my blog, just happens to be the same model).

My brother owns both an AR and an AK amongst other things .... in his estimate the difference is a matter of weight/reliability/ease-of-field-repair, and the AK edges out. The AR is more accurate *when it works* I've always wanted to try an SIG 556 (one of my favorites in Ghost Recon and other games).

Caveat: we live in a rural sector where most everyone target shoots on their land.
well i wanted to see what the FAL was in full auto since they said it was so defiant in full auto.... thought it was so fake... but got my shoulder in extreme pain after a magazine.
well m14 wasnt all that bad.... but i CANT get used to the M1A... feels really rEALLY different..... seriously.... and i almost clipped my pinky and the ring when i tried the rifle maneuver with the M14.... haha...

CZ75 really looks weird, but im kinda lovin its grip... soo comfortable.

ya know, im loling at the Mauser C96.... seriously...

@Animefan: M855... they call that thing 'green bullet' because of its lead freeness...
well i cant mess with it since i dunno when uncle's gonna take me again... only shot the ball, tracer, and HP (thats what they said it was when i used the F2000)