View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 02:32   Link #13
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I remember 2chan actualy being impressed by 4chan after the runes were translated,then it wen't full circle when 4chaners started translating threads where 2chaners were translating speculations from 4chan
A German anon recognized the Faust quotes in episode 2 from their form, and with that, everything fell into place. 4chan deciphering the runes first was due to the international nature of the board bringing their cultural views. While I'm sure some posters on 2chan or 2ch were familiar with Faust, it would likely be a Japanese translation, not the original German. That would also explain why Japanese fans may take an interest in western fans. We have different cultural views, so we may have a different take on anime or notice what to them are obscure references and they want to see it. Of course I'm sure there are also some that don't care what we think at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
I remember hearing Japanese otaku developed a mild fascination with the western fanbase of Madoka because we predicted the entire plot up to episode ten almost perfectly. Although in that case, an accurate prediction was often like hitting a bullseye with a shotgun, but whatever. Seeing that they go through the trouble of translating entire conversations on here is pretty surprising whether they take us seriously or not.
Really the Madoka threads on 4chan were great for speculation. The main things they got wrong was insisting Homura was the cat in the OP and the Homura teleports/timestops argument. Oh and insisting Charlotte's grief seed was really Mami's soul gem because of the lighting in the scene.