View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 07:52   Link #1322
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
I hope they meant that, because EP5-6 are nowhere near "Terrible" .

Whole Chiru is, according to my book, amazing.

Plus, how can studio decide not to animate a certain thing just because of their subjective opinion? So that's why the "Chiru is impossible to adapt" thing makes more sense.

Or they knew the fans wouldn't want another season because of the reputation the anime received after people read the VN. Personally, I want to see Chiru Anime for sole reason to watch Erika (Who made Umineko what it is today) animated.
Could it be the problem is the children's involvement?
Wasn't Japan discussing a law about scenes with violence involving children?
It can be they managed to make the first part of Umineko prior to it but were too late to make the second?

After all Ep 5 involves George, Jessica and Maria having their throats cut open, which is much more gruesome than stabbed Jessica or strangled Maria in Ep 1 and there's also the matter of the baby tossed off the cliff, while Ep 6 has George 'killing' his mother, Jessica killing Kyrie and Maria being splattered against the wall, as well as a lot of sexual imaginery between Erika and Battler.

The manga might have managed to get off with it but anime are usually kept tamer because they've more views and animators might have thought it would be difficult to deal with all this in a tame way...