View Single Post
Old 2007-06-08, 05:04   Link #85
MeggieMay

I didn't say you had to experience worse cr*p to know it when you see it. I'm just suggesting that whether you like a show is personal opinion and frames of references and it is helpful to remember that.

I personally don't see GSD's downfall as really any worse than any other show, Mecha or otherwise. As to the legacy of Gundam and how it might fit into that context, it doesn't stand up to that measure as far as I see it. I know plenty of people who think G Gundam and Gundam Wing were cr*p and many who would say the former show was worse than GSD from day one. I've also seen people post that they think Turn A was atrocious and/or the ending was a huge letdown. So even going by Gundam Legacy GSD may not be cr*p in everyones opinion, let alone the worse cr*p ever. It just matters where you hang out in fandom (online and/or off) with and who likes what shows (Gundam or others). This is where I'm coming from with my comment that I think people who use over the top hyperbole have a very narrow outlook on things.

You don't have to agree with people to note their opinions on subject, whether you agree with the opinion or not. The way you were going are going on about GSD simply makes you look like you are wearing blinkers when it comes to GSD .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote