Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Xebec)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 23:28   Link #274
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Anyone else catch Nodens -- that IS Nodens right? Matches the description and he was served by Nightgaunts -- in the next episode PV?
I did now that you mentioned it. Here's some of what we've got on Nodens:

Quote:
Nodens is one of the Elder Gods and appears as an elderly, human male with white hair—gray-bearded and hoary yet still vital and strong. He often rides in a chariot formed from a huge seashell pulled by some great beasts of legend. Nodens is served by the Nightgaunts.

As a hunter, he will chase down evil creatures in the Dreamlands, such as the Shantaks. He prefers to hunt the servants of the Great Old Ones or Nyarlathotep because they are usually the most intelligent and offer the best sport, but not necessarily because he wants to help humans being attacked by them. He has, however, been known to deliberately help humans
Makes sense that he'd be after Nyaruko. Ironic if he's going to be portrayed as an atagonist, given, as it says, that he is one of the very few Lovecraftian dieties willing to deliberately give aid to humans, rather than just ignore them. And on the reverse, Nyarlathotep is one of the few that is considered actively malevolent: even evil.

Quote:
I don't think we can even consider Nyarly a girl in-continuity.
How do you define "girl?" I'm willing to bet that a complete anatomical study of her current form would find her to be completely a human female, inside and out. Perhaps more importantly, she is treated like one and acts like one in the series.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote