View Single Post
Old 2009-07-16, 22:58   Link #14
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Okay, now I'm interested. Jackasses will deserve everything thrown back at them.

Get HijackThis and paste its entire output here.

Meanwhile, tell your parents that he should have no right to control the family's internet access. You're talking about their monthly fees here. Really, think about a good argument against him long and hard by yourself here, we gave you all the material you need in that other thread. Your brother continues to usurp territory while you complain to us. Think it through and get it to them.

Also, the router's address is more likely http://192.168.0.1. Perhaps he's port-forwarding or throttling your mac address (although that can be spoofed)?
Lol using Hijackthis, you plan to create a dictatorship over the network?

If I am not wrong, the settings are most likely done on the router, otherwise he is using NetPeeker and running his laptop as the master server.

On the other hand, you might want to use a backdoor to crash his PC if you run out of solutions. The last time I did was 2-3 years ago when I used one to mess up my sister's laptop for eating my bandwidth and illegally downloading movies (I am the subscriber, and I am still underage to stand trial by myself, plus my parents are not English nor computer literate. So much for the lesser of the two evils).

Here are a few things you can try :

1. Reset the modem to factory settings.

He is most likely to have locked you out of the modem, maybe change the access password too. You might want to look up on the model of your modem, all of them come with a default SSID and access password.

2. Unsubscribe the service, or transfer the service to under your name.

It gives you more control over the network. Besides your parents will be happy that you are paying in their stead.

3. Set up a backdoor

This isn't recommended, but you can use "legitimate" backdoors like pcAnywhere. If you need his password, use OPHCrack.

Whatever it is, check your computer first, namely the Windows Firewall and the HOSTS file. I am not sure where is this located in Vista, but I am sure Journey would have a better idea.

I encourage you to take a sledgehammer and pound his laptop to bits. If he complains, give him the same treatment as the laptop. But seriously, if you are any smarter, you could have answered, "You are just noob. Don't blame lag for your lack of skills." I have seen a friend of mine win a DOTA match over a 512 kbps modem when the rest of us are running on Cable or above 1 MBPS.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-07-16 at 23:12.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote