View Single Post
Old 2011-10-11, 16:01   Link #8473
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And yet... At least, Nagi was convinced to stop being a Hikikimori.
Now look into a mirror and try to convince yourself that that's true.

Quote:
Sure, she'll backslide next time the author wants to make a gag about her, but this once, she decided to go to school.
And that's all. Nagi wasn't _convinced_ at all. She's impulsive, so you'll get her changing her mind completely within 5 seconds, but she definitely won't stop her Hikikomori ways. Wanna bet? That has nothing to do with "making a gag", this is how Hata consistently writes Nagi. No genuine development at all, just impulsive shots from the hip.

That's why I found the latest arc so frustrating. Can't Hata at least BEGIN some lasting changes? Some lasting developments? Hell, he decided to whack Nagi harshly for her standard weakness. Letting her grow up some and _really_ learn from it would have been more than justified. Instead, we get more "Nagi is a NEET" jokes. Meh.

Quote:
Hina never decided to ask Hayate for a massage. All that happened is that her ploys failed, but she got still what she wanted handed to her.
Yep. No genuine development either. Which is a step back for her in a way - in earlier arcs at least she baby-stepped her way towards eventually confessing (even though he didn't get it).

Anyway, really nothing new going on here. So I hope that we'll get into a proper storyline soon. Unless Hata figures out a way to refresh is palette. I'm not looking forward to the 623th Nagi is a NEET joke. Or the 231st Hina can't be honest around Hayate.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote