View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 13:28   Link #95
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think someone who was in prison for several years without any significant training would be as dangerous as before.
Especially like those people we see here in Level 5 or Level 6, who mostly aren't even able to move. And then there is the special shounen factor: Everyone (significant) on the outside is getting more and more powerful, so even if they could keep their power in prison, once outside they would be weak compared to the rest.
That may be true for the low level prisoners, but the ones at or above level 5, I highly doubt their strength is something they would lose if they got imprisoned.

Also, it is not about staying outside. I highly doubt Rayleigh did more training to get stronger while he was outside, especially after his crew was disbanded. Regardless, the marines approached him as they should have 20 years ago. If Haki is dependent on one's spiritual strength, do you think pirates at that level would lose to years of imprisonment? I doubt it.

Lastly, would those prisoners find themselves in a weaker state compared to the life threatening situation Luffy had not so long ago? A life threatening situation that got healed using medicine and after a few hundreds/thousands of serving. And, he might have woken up to an even stronger state.