View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 13:05   Link #1220
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Err let me clarify. The whole Obito = Tobi in and of itself wouldn't be the asspull. It's the circumstances around it. A sweet kid for whom friends are the most important thing in the world ever, suddenly wanting to end the world as we know it, just because he is 'tired of war', is the thing that would be the ass pull.
sasuke was a sweet kid and was manipulated by evil forces like orochimaru and tobi. if tobi is obito then madara's and/or izuna's and/or RS's elder son's influence will surely come into play in a similar fashion. my money's still on madara, but we'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I remember how many people hoped that the akatsuki leader will be Minato, despite it made no sense
and that is comparible to obito theory how? there is nothing that pointed to minato being pain, whereas there is plenty that points to obito being tobi. i thnk you're thinking of the kagami theory

Quote:
The question is why would Obito suddenly become so important in the story. He was just one character in a side story about Kakashi. But then i realized that Obito's story was always part of the main story: in chapter 8 the ninja test of team 7, there Kakashi tells the team about Obito, and a few pages after that they pass while Kakashi tells them Obito's words exactly.
it all hinges on kakashi who is, believe it not, a main character in naruto. arguably #3 in importance and definitely top 5. tobi is important sure, but not as much as sasuke or orochimaru. and maybe not even madara.

i dont really see whats so hard to believe about tobi being important to kakashi's character. story wise, they are both on relatively equal importance on either side of good and bad in about the 3rd position from the top
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote