Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-23, 08:11   Link #1379
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Except that we've seen times when his memory failed him, and times where he worked on his memory.
Sidestepping the "is it natural talent vs trained talent?" argument, if I recall correctly, the times it failed on him was when his fatigue was getting to him, so that's not really a good argument to say whether his memory is perfect or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
He did mean acceleration I think, but yeah, it doesn't mean anyone can do it. I'm pretty sure he does think Taichi can do it though.
Why would he think Taichi can achieve the same/similar level of acceleration? Has Arata seen Taichi play post-elementary school (I actually can't recall if he has...)?
Anyway, Arata's advice to Taichi (which was Arata's grandpa's advice to him) was "there are plenty of other ways to take cards faster." (the last ep of season 1). Then Taichi takes this advice to break Chihaya's concentration by threatening to burn her daddy bears (and starts practises swinging).
It seems to me that the advice is more to do with breaking your opponents by whatever means possible, rather than get there faster by having a faster acceleration than your opponent.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote