View Single Post
Old 2008-08-11, 22:31   Link #30
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
In traditional Chinese culture there is a belief in something called Chi (or Qi), usually translated to energy flow, noteable the literal translation is "breath". I'm no expert but from what I can recall Chi is life force inside every living being, and if you train yourself to use it you can accomplish feat you couldn't do without it. Such as spear trust to the throat and survive, even breaking the spear, standing on one finger, lifting up your whole body etc. So roughly Chi is able to enhance you if you so use it.

Roronoa Zoro is known for his religious referrence, Asura for example which is a power-seeking deities, sometimes referred to as demons in Hinduism. Kaku noted that Zoro used his spirit to enhance himself and that Asura was a manifesting of his spirit. When Zoro fought Mr. 1 and he reached the brink of death, he said he was able to "hear the breath of all things", making him able to not being able to cut a leaf while he could cut steel if he choosed to.

My theory is that Roronoa Zoro isn't using Haki, but rather his inner life force (his spirit); his Chi, when he is manifesting Asura.

My impression of Haki is that you use a spirit rush that manifesting outside, on others, not on yourself. Of course we have not seen much of it yet so I may be totally of the mark. marvelB's theory that you can use a Haki rush to disrupt a Logia user into being solid sounds very probably to me, and I hope that it's a use we will see (knowing Oda, either way I atleast wont be disepointed even if it doesn't turn out that way ).
I see haki in a different way. I think Zoro's energy abilities and Haki are the same thing, except Zoro may be using a more concentrated version specifically obtained through his training as a swordsman. Afterall Zoro had some knowledge of this "breath" thing even before he obtained it. The one that Luffy, Shanks, and Rayleigh uses is a wilder version that is basically obtained unintentionally such as in Luffy's case. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Shank's has never had any formal sword training, and obtained haki in a way similar to Luffy's.

My theory on how haki can beat a logia user is not necessarily that it causes a disruption but rather it allows you to cut pass the power of the fruit and touch the opponent directly. Kinda like how Zoro's "breath" allows him to specifically cut steel, maybe Haki can allow you to specifically touch your opponent and go pass the abilities of the fruit.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote