View Single Post
Old 2008-10-08, 18:40   Link #2069
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
since Suzaku is superhuman by default he can push things more than just your regular human like Kallen or Bismark and his body can take more punishiment. pushing yourself at that speed and fighting takes a toll on you, thus having Kallen passout and Suzaku not when they fought. he can fight at that extreme and last longer. it is body toughness and strength and also his mental concentration that makes him capable off achiving that and Live Geass helps exploit that. it would of taken him longer without it but i am confident he would of reach it non the less.
You're just ignoring the obvious. If he could reach that extreme by himself, he wouldn't need the Geass. It gives him focus which he could not achieve on his own. You're just trying to reduce its importance to shore up your position.

Quote:
oh trust me i am right and i believe you misread what i wrote....okay, you didnt read it right when i was arguing with BladeofDarkness (who is now banned for some reason) or whoever else i was debating with before you came in. Suzaku didn't have the Live Geass on throughout the whole blasted fight since the beginning to the end or when they were in combat. It was on and off
Off during chat scenes only, not during the combat scenes where it counted. Also note that he got hit badly in those scenes where he didn't use it. VARIS and both swords lost to Kallen. The only hits he landed, the latter of which we never see his face in, was when he destroyed her fork knife and clipped her wing (which got him the same in return).

Quote:
do you understand now? he didnt use it 100% and for the majority of the fight, Suzaku didnt use Live Geass against Kallen.
And look what it cost him. He only gained control of the fight when he started using it. You're grasping at straws again. All those scenes you point out have them either trading blocked blows or Suzaku getting hit.

Quote:
dude the whole world and the all the major leaders were watching and Suzaku & Lelouch needed to make a statement especially when Lelouch took the thrown. No chances were taken and he used his Live Geass to help reach his peak faster. Suzaku is superhuman without the live geass, he can push farther than others. Nothing is indicated that he cant push it without the Geass, also it wasnt mentioned that he did push the Albion to the limit against Bismark anyway. He just made it go faster with assistance with Live Geass but without he still could of accomplished it. I mean it was just faster speed. He has the Live Geass and he uses it. There is no indication that he would of failed without it.
Now you're just making things up. They weren't watching every moment. They couldn't. It's a battle, not a broadcast live event. He cannot reach his peak without his live Geass, or else he wouldn't use it to do so. Again, you're just trying to underscore its importance to bolster your argument.

And yes, he would have failed against Bismarck, because he was failing against Bismarck. He couldn't touch the man, and he knew it, which is why he needed the help.

Quote:
also Code Geass R2 made it a habit that when a new mecha is introduce or given some sort of an upgrade that it wins for some reason or another. so sooner or later Suzaku would of won. I am not desperately trying downgrade the Live Geass, it does what it does but Suzaku can do the samething but just a little longer.
Yeah, you are trying to downgrade it. You're trying to make it seem like the advantage it gives him is something he can do of his own accord, which it isn't. Your CMOA comparison means nothing. He kicked Gino's ass pretty soundly and an army of Sutherlands.

Quote:
okay and? it was a head on attack and Bismark saw it. He foolishly believed he could counter Suzaku at that speed and with that superior mecha. he paid the price.
Which he wouldn't have if Suzaku's live Geass wasn't boosting his speed. If Suzaku could have won so easily he wouldn't have used the power.

Quote:
sorry mistook you for someone else on that, i am aruging with more than one person at a time. and yes he would of won, he could of reach it but he needed to rap things up quickly and Live Geass made him accomplish that a little bit faster. I mean Suzaku won in a matter of seconds against all of them.
No, he wouldn't. He wasn't winning before he used it. Bismarck was toying with him.

Quote:
again, this series in R2 made it a habit of showing more advanced mechas or newly introduced or ones that recieved an upgrade win. only a 9th generation frame can defeat a 9th generation. there are just too many weapons and variables. so no, Bismark would lose in the end. if he had a equal mecha then his skills would defeat anyone put in front of him along with the aid of his future geass.

they would of made the new mecha win for whatever reason they can come up with.
Making things up again. You're trying to justify your point with things that never happened, and it isn't working. Geass throws your foolish comparison out the window. Stick Rolo in a Sutherland and he could kill Suzaku in the Albion in an instant.