View Single Post
Old 2013-04-21, 02:41   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I thought that the story of Henneko Episode 2 and this would totally put me at a downer mood for the rest of the day. But I managed to understand Kaori's motives behind her actions, although it may be interpreted as bitchy behavior.

Kaori and Saori are simply total equal opposites to each other. Saori is distant to others due to her fear of men and her sheer timidness, while Kaori appears distant to everyone else due to simply being a free spirit — the kind of person who wouldn't stay at the same place doing the same thing at the same time. Kaori plans to change Saori's social problems, but she also needed to make a compromise in not allowing her support to affect both of their lives in the process.

In the end, Saori, who began to cherish socializing with others, found it betraying that everyone let go of their bonds in a snap of a finger. (Saori was probably reminded of this when Kirino went abroad without telling anyone about it.)

The actions Kaori made were kinda selfish, I admit, but it was brave of her to risk losing her beloved Saori so that her heart would be stronger when times like this arrive. Fortunately, she now has her bonds with Kirino, Kyousuke and Kuroneko to hold on to.

Honestly, as an avid fan of anime and manga, I find myself relating very much to Saori's situation. Reality would remind us that the 3D world is always at higher priority than 2D, but that doesn't mean that we have to just throw away the bonds that we have with people that we have met through anime. I think I was really hit hard by this episode, haha.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.