View Single Post
Old 2013-10-22, 11:12   Link #4616
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It is not the same. As United back then was literally a mid-table team, even relegation contenders. That's why Ferguson was also allowed ( i think) 3 years winning nothing. He also has got good record in his previous clubs (i think winning several Scottish Championship?).

Furthermore football nowadays has changed as once you fell out of the top, it's awfully hard to get back. You do remember that Liverpool was winning the CL in 2005, went to CL final in 2007, was incredibly close to winning EPL title in 2008 and was considered one of the strongest team around that time, much more so than Real Madrid or even Barcelona. One season out of top 4. Lost an influential manager. And now they spent past 4 years skirting top half of the table. Same problem like United do now as they don't have money to overpay for players, and seeing their main target off to Real, Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea...etc...
You are not wrong, but then again it has not even been a year since Moyes took over. So bit more patients as season is far from over.

Here is the thing about Liverpool though, during that span they just won that two or three trophies nothing else, though that one CL is amazing. Also haven't won a league title for two decades, while United have been winning for years. That kinda of image will last, hell even Liverpool is still popular despite their failure over the years. And Liverpool further proves my point. Their problem was a result of the failure within their ownership and their front office. Liverpool's recent turn around came as a result of their new owner and sticking with a manger, instead of sacking him for a slow start. Stability is really important for a club, unless they have sugar daddy like City or Chelsea.

And I am not saying Moyes is doing a good job, but this is a learning process for him as well. Give him time and lets see how this team goes.