View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 01:03   Link #154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Yep, Munto 2 came out in 2005 I think, two years after the first Munto. I have both on region 1 DVD--Munto 2 ends on a cliffhanger so it's pretty much a given there'll be a Munto 3 somewhere down the road. I like the storyline and characters in Munto overall, although there are definitely times it felt like they were trying to cram too much into too short a series.

I'm looking forward to it, as long as it's funny I'll be happy--I loved Fumoffu, so I'm confident Kyoani can pull off comedy well. Haven't read any of the Lucky Star manga, but from what I've read in this thread I'm hoping it'll be good.
The manga is like reading a joke everybody is in on but you. That's basically how 4-Koma breaks down though, a lot of it deals with in jokes, you either don't get it and are confused, or you get it and its unbelievably gut-bustingly funny because of how true and yet absurd the joke is. I'm liking the idea that a lot of it will be based on games an such, and Konata Izumi reminds me a bit of myself, wasting time playing games 24/7, but still getting solid grades in school due to innate perceptivety. You wouldn't believe how much you could learn in a 1 and a half hour lecture by starring at the wall and fiddling around with your pen instead of taking notes and missing something the teacher says when you go to double check what you've written. I do it all the time at University.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote