View Single Post
Old 2009-07-08, 17:34   Link #69
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
Spoiler:
1) I'm sorry, but the total lack of antics and screentime hardly give me the same "attachment" effect that Kyrie gave me in the anime. The same goes for Rudolf who gave a lot of snarky and wisecrack comments here and there, be it for Battler or even during the "intellectual" discussion. Such minor details do forge characters personality which give an actual depth. They are essentially the same characters between the medium, but not on the same extent. That is also the reason why I felt that Natsuhi's scene being cut like that really sever a big occasion to raise the problem within her family (which cannot be explained later on, expect if you forcefully point this matter out of the blue).

2) I never said we can judge the whole series that early. Right now, all the comments I have made were pointing the CURRENT problem this adaption has, no more no less.
I will be happy if they just use a proper pace for the later Episodes, but for the time being, hoping this doesn't prevent me to have a sour aftertaste with the first 2 episodes we have been served right now.
As a piece of my own opinion though: I cannot consider Ep1-4 being easier to adapt than the first 6 arcs of Higurashi. Far from it.