Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-14, 14:46   Link #1731
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's just a reoccurring thing. Every time I platoon I fall into a below 30% W/R for that particular time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
It's weird since I tend to get more xp and higher effic when platooning at higher tiers. I helped a guy get 7 kills in his T-54 twice (his two absolute best games in that tank) and my own scores in those rounds weren't bad either. Some peoples' luck just varies I guess.
I find platoons to be more "streaky" both on the up side and on the down side. When Tak and 12ice (sidebar: I know it's "Twelve Ice" but I always just read it "Rice") were platooning recently, we were on quite a tear of a win streak. I recall quite a few win streaks with Sume as well a while back. Then again, I also recall a series of terrible losing streaks that has made me want to stick my head in a block of ice.. Maybe confidence and frustration are contagious and magnified?

PS: I also think with the greater reliability of ventrilo usage for voicechats (even just being able to listen in) our performance tends to go up, in particular, with higher tiered vehicles -- constant communication and a slower(ish) move speed makes people calmer and more methodical, as well as obviously better coordinated. It's a theory anyway, but when I used to play other team-based games like LoL and DOTA, we definitely won more when we were constantly communicating.