View Single Post
Old 2006-04-06, 20:25   Link #48
UthertheHat
Magical Magician

In my opinion people like Naruto/Bleach more not only because they are action anime but also because they have fanboy characters that people are attracted to(ex. Sauske,little 10th captian kid who isn't that strong). It also has small bits of love that tie in to the story.
One Piece is my favorite anime so my opinion my be a little bias but i'm so glad One Piece doesn't have love to mess everything up. One Piece is more about friends on a journey with dreams all facing in the same general direction. One Piece isn't like DBZ, Naruto, or Bleach because until recent chapters, no one has had any retarded powerup that takes no time to achieve and makes them godly strong.
In my personal opinion, I like the fights in One Piece more than any other anime. No one delivers beats like One Piece.

But basicly Naruto is by far the most popular anime in the States, but in Japan One Piece may be a little little bit more popular than Naruto and Bleach. It's all a matter if you like adventure or action more.