View Single Post
Old 2006-06-18, 01:43   Link #17
Ryu_Kenosuke

I, unfortunately, also lack personal translating abilities...as my mother never taught my Japanese as a child, but I do have some friends who speak fluently. I might be able to employ their assistance to help out. I, myself, enjoy RAW anime as much as subbed as I know enough Japanese to understand the greater part of what is going on. Word for word translation is where I have difficulty.

ChibiGoku, would you be willing to share your RAW with me. If you have problems in translating a specific part, I could utilize my mother to help you with that, though I know she won't enjoy translating an entire anime series. c( : Oh, and now that I remember, the last few people who told me that they had ALL of the RAW DQ, they only had the 13 episodes that were allowed to air in America. I have most of first and the second seasons. I'm unsure if the part that I am missing is the end of the 1st or the beginning of the 2nd.

SPOILER!!! Stop reading if you don't want me to ruin something.
----- That particular part is where Abel meets up with his long lost father who is under the control of Baramos's 2nd or 3rd in command. Abel's father ends up perishing in the episode RIGHT before where my 2nd season starts up.
END OF SPOILER!!!

I think I might be missing the 3rd episode that aired in America, as well, but that was omitted from the series that aired in Japan as being filler. The episode where Abel goes into some well or something in a town of nothing but elderly people. That episode. Now that I think about it...my copies of Dragon Quest are all strung together as being a 5 or 6 part OVA where each part is an hour and 40 or so minutes long.

...well...I've talked way too much...so I'll just end this post here.
Ryu_Kenosuke is offline   Reply With Quote