View Single Post
Old 2012-02-22, 12:54   Link #233
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I understood, but that's the very point I disagree: personally, I would rather see a crazed expression on the bullies, with an obvious penchant of sadism, than having a colored red screen, with a white text stating "I like bullying" or something. When text is used to convey the emotions and dialogues in an anime series that isn't based on wordy dialogue/witty discussions, it is basically cutting corners in my books.

To each of their own I guess, but frankly, the whole emotion thing is something I would rather see animated than reduced to a minimalistic display.
I mean: I would be extremely disappointed if Rika's "everyone should die!" comment was minimized into a black screen with that line in white, instead of having her totally upset and enraged. Likewise, the while deal with friendship and all would be watered down by several degree if it was just a meager couple of lines instead of the display of emotions straight onscreen. That kind of things should really be shown, not plainly told.

VN format however, needs description for obvious reason. But anime? Subtle and straightforward methods are possible without using "tricks" like that.