View Single Post
Old 2006-10-07, 01:51   Link #85
solomon

finally saw the show, it was a whiz bang of an opener. It reminds me of scryed in a sense. Hopefully, it'll balance the action with the strong overarching themes AND keep the plot above too many cliches (scryed got stupid in the last 3rd part of the show with mujo). Lelouch will be an interesting character to follow. The animation didn't blow me away but it was still good, i've grown to like Kimura's interpretations of the CLAMP designs too (his ending illustrations are awesome). Music was good, like how BGM intergrates so well that you don't even really notice it. That being said, i like Nakagawa's scores but does anyone else think his trademark saxophones just jarred with the feel of the last bit of Lulu axing those soldiers just a teense?
Let's hope we keep this level of seriousness constant through the show (i read originally that this was to be a mix of campus and robot anime and after seeing that bleak opener, i think those trademark "high school hijinks" would just totally ruin the shows jive.)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote