View Single Post
Old 2009-09-03, 21:44   Link #33
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well unless I've completely misjudged the conversation I believe they were playing around with the number of people Horo has been romantically involved with. After all it followed their conversation about the colour of their respective souls. With Lawrence's being dyed in Horo's colour .
Yeah, that seemed to be the point. Horo is still content to play with Lawrence, even though she seems to know how he feels. I honestly couldn't believe she'd pull that kind of stunt, it felt a bit low. I really liked it that he finally called her bluff when she got too persistent. It was nice to see it backfire on her, and even nicer that he gracefully bowed out to let her save face. I wonder if she noticed that, or if her "training" of Lawrence has been too effective

The most touching scene in this episode for me was probably something I (yet again) misinterpreted. In the narrow alleyways it felt like Lawrence had opened up his heart to her, by "giving her advice" that seemed really more like a confession than advice (in his own simple yet convoluted manner). He seemed really crushed that when she seemed to miss the point. I doubt it was because he was describing how he wanted her to behave, like she said.

I also wasn't particularly sure what to read from the scene when he was tucking Horo in. She said "if you come to realize what it is [that's scaring me], I might be a bit troubled.". His expression after that wasn't his usual "what's she talking about" face. I think Lawrence is completely at a loss for how to proceed.

Finally, before I write a novel here, I'm interested in what Horo meant by "sweet and salty water". I've never heard that expression before. Also, Lawrence's last sentence confused me, in that scene where he's carrying all the books for Horo from Rigolo's place:
L: "It must be really easy to wave your hands like that when you're not holding anything".
H: "You should watch your mouth doesn't get your jilted one day."
H: "Males just get overexcited when flattered".
L: "Even though I'm in no position to, I just get frustrated."
Based on Horo's laugh, I can't quite make out what he really said, since his admission that he wants some praise is hardly that funny...

Last edited by BashZeStampeedo; 2009-09-03 at 22:51.