View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 05:42   Link #187
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
There was no "light jab" at you, I brought up "fairness" in my post, and I have no idea what you posted in the last episode thread, relentless was just responding to my post.
Well, he made the comment first in this thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=16), which is what I thought lead back to this discussion of fairness. What I wasn't completely aware of, was this discussion had been discussed endlessly in threads outside the episode threads (which I dare not to venture), resulting in old wounds being opened back up (which I don't think he intended in the first place).
(FYI, my post in the previous ep thread was tying Yui/Yui's heart to the absurd theme of fairness, which really highlights how easy it is to get off track if you intentionally or unintentionally focus on the wrong thing).

On a different note, ignoring the fairness issue, I find this episode to contain a nice transition between heaven and hell (not literally, and regardless whether this is what the writers intended or not, I still think it's nice).
The first part contains the happy, peaceful life (heaven, if you will).
The middle delves into their minds explaining their demons they battle/battled within, and why they need to join back the the frontlines (grounded back to earth).
The last part is them walking into hell.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote