View Single Post
Old 2008-12-29, 01:18   Link #80
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
This explanation didn´t made really any sense! Schroedinger´s Cat is a thought experiment to show, why we can NOT simply use the Laws of the Quantum Mechanic on things like cats or other stuff.

Spoiler for Short description of the experiment:

Really, the explication of Tsukiyomi-sensei remind me more of a description of the "Marble Phantasmen"(Kuusou Gugenka and the "Reality Marble"(koyuu kekkai) from Nasu-verse... Changing the probality of reality according to one´s wishes, pulling always the white marble out of a sack with 99 black marbles...
The experiment is trying to show Copenhagen's theory on quantum superposition as false, not that it can't be applied to cats and things. The theory fits very well in conjunction with the espers as far as I can understand.

According to quantum superposition, a subatomic particle's position can be in any varying amounts of positions and is assumed to be in any of those positions at any time until you observe it. Once observed, the superposition "collapses" and all possibilities are removed. Esper's are humans who have the capability to nullify the effects of observation and maintain a constant state of quantum superposition.

This is not to be confused with altering reality to one's wishes. Esper's merely have the ability to keep all possibilities open. In your marble example, you state that esper's have the ability to always pull the white marble out of a sack of 99 black marbles. Thus, the chance to pull the white marble while inside the sack is 100%. I don't think Esper's have that ability. I think Esper's have a chance to pull a white marble out of a sack of 100 black marbles. While there should be a 0% chance of pulling a white marble, so long as it is an esper attempting, they can always have the possibility of pulling a white marble.

That is my take on it at least. The episode had only 1:30 to try and explain a theory of quantum physics so I can't really say the explanation was poor. But yeah, this episode sucked pretty hard. Also, introducing this whole new "POWER NEVER BEFORE EXPERIENCED" concept in episode 12 kinda scares me a little. Generally that kind of crap is saved for when shows are on the brink of death.
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote