View Single Post
Old 2009-06-16, 10:17   Link #204
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hane View Post
People don't always react the same to the certain situations. Fermaus acts mature, but it might just be because of the extent of his experience in Haia's gang. Or you know, it could just be his personality's inclination.

Felli strikes me as a person who, probably early on, realized people mostly saw her as a tool and not as a human being. From what we can see, she didn't like that. She could have decided to accept it, or she could have decided to live life as best she could and not be bothered. But she gravitated to her current state. It's her personality. She didn't want to take it. That would explain her 'selfishness', to me at least.

I'm pretty awed by her. It might be better to say 'enough is enough, I refuse to give any more. I want to be selfish'. I mean look at Layfon. Yeah, everyone's alive because of him, but what about his happiness? Is it right to depend on him so much? You can see he's pretty self-destructive…

That's one thing the author is trying to resolve right? And Felli is probably thinking now that maybe it’s not right to run. And Layfon taught her that by example. But then again, all the characters have this kind of synergy in some way XD It's awesome
The thing is that, people generally ignore the most real fact that the world of Regios is a very harsh and unforgiving land. As much as we see a generally carefree and happy-go-merry setting in the inside of the cities with maid cafes, the painful truth is far from that. All it takes for that comfort to go away is another city or an FM appearing. People like Fermeus got the idea and did what it took to survive in this world. People like Felli or pre-Czellni Layfon however, blatantly and selfishly refused to accept the reality and refused ot do their part.

So yeah, if you're Hercules, your fellow citizens will expect you to strike down those mythical creatures. Playing Calimero and saying "but it's unfaaaaair" is the dumbest and most selfish thing to do when other, weaker people have to fight their best to merely survive. It's not like that power is draining their life force or something, they just need to utilize their god-given potential.