Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-28, 18:08   Link #854
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Back when I played WoW, I remember some warlock soloing some endgame boss and a group of five shadow priests defeating a boss in a 40-member dungeon. I thought that was cool, but Blizzard apparently didn't, patching out the ability, nerfing the involved classes, banning the offending players. That just blows my mind. Why punish a player for using strategy and critical thinking skills to creatively solve a problem?

Seriously, it's bullshit. It'd be like if my old algebra instructor gave me an F for using the quadratic formula instead of factoring. It's not the same as cheating--they're not using hacks or trainers to do it, but using the game itself against itself. That shows strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Why punish that? It's stupid.

Oh right, the corporate robber-baron overlords want us all dumb and gullible so they can control us, so we can't have anyone exercising strong critical thinking skills and strategic thought...
That is because being able to solo/5man 25man+ bosses without overly outgearing it by an expansion is often seen as an exploit. Why should people who did not roll a certain class (and do not have time to make a max level alt of every other class) be punished for their choice?

"you are not allowed into this fight because you are playing the wrong class for this encounter".

There are smart tactics such as stacking on melee for void reaver, or how eredar twins is executed.

TBH, not much info is out about the game yet and a lot of people already seem to have given it their final judgement. Please do not allow company hate to overshadow a game with potentials. Discuss again when beta comes out?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote