View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 00:03   Link #225
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Am going to get dumped by my parents in America for a coupla weeks cos my parents say I "need more outside experience" (ie not in my room. )

Anyways the plan is I arrive at San Francisco, meet up with my sis, stay for a day or two then basically I get to explore the rest of the country. All I know is I'm supposed to visit New York and Washington DC, but apart from those I'm pretty lost (and don't even know what there is to do in there.) So for those three or so weeks, I ask of you AS: what do you recommend I do? I've no idea what there is, so go ahead and wow me with how awesome the place is :P

Apparently I'm also supposed to go on some tours or something, any idea which good ones are out there?
You should go out to Lands End on San Francisco's west side, one of the best views of the Pacific there is in Bay Area. Of course there's also the Golden Gate bridge, though you should also take the time to come into San Francisco over the Bay Bridge as well. Oh, and you should also visit Chinatown via the 30 Stockton or 45 Union/Stockton, that's an experience that has to be seen to be believed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Well if you stay in San Francisco for a day or two, make sure you visit Fisherman's Wharf Pier 39 and get yourself a sourdough bowl of soup. San Francisco has the best tasting soughdough bread. I'm not sure what it is, maybe the climate. The bread is the bowl itself with the insides scooped out and filled with either clam chowder or chili. Don't miss out on this!
Corrected. And yes the Sourdough Bread Bowl is good. You can take either two of the Cable Car lines, the Streetcar, or several different bus lines to the area. I'd say that the Cable Cars are worth trying at least once, but they cost 5 dollars for cash fare and you don't get transfers, and it's crowded. The streetcar costs regular cash fare (2 dollars) but is also insanely crowded if you board anywhere east of 5th st.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote