View Single Post
Old 2007-03-21, 06:59   Link #28
Dis Astranagant
Keeper of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Is it just me or are all the weights given on the KF's horribly out of scale? A M1 Abrams weighs 63 tonnes. There's no way that KF's only weigh a few tonnes unless they are plastic. They gotta be at least 20 tonnes.
This question has presented before for the anime Full Metal Panic. The M9, despite its size, only weighs around 10 tonnes. This is 1/6th of the weight of the Abrams. However, it could be justified that since the M9 used composite armor, it had every reason to be that light. Perhaps the KMFs use composite armor?

Another potential answer is that KMFs don't nearly have the firepower and armor to pack the weight of the M1. Unless I'm terribly mistaken, I haven't seen a KMF that sports a gigantic 120 mm cannon. Futhermore, we have to remember uses depleted Uranium for ammunition and Uranium rods inside its armor. With this added to the fact that Uranium is a dense element, we're talking about a lot of weight added on here. I will develop this a bit more in my next point.

Black Technology was used to justify the existence of mecha in FMP, so then perhaps that the lack thereof nuclear technology and the advancement of superconductor technology could justify mecha in Code Geass? Nuclear technology is rather limited in the Code Geass univerese, a high school girl by the name of Nina Einstein perhaps knows more about it than any Britannian scientist. This could potenitally create a lack in the use of depleted Uranium, Uranium, and Uranium 235.

I'm not sure about this next part, but let's presume that these so called superconductors aren't as heavy as internal combustion engines. They have relatively high yields, so it's possible to say that you won't require this heavy reactor to power a KMF. This could also explain the lack in weight.

Honestly, I could rant about this all day. These are some of the more possible answers to your question though.

Last edited by Dis Astranagant; 2007-03-21 at 07:10.
Dis Astranagant is offline   Reply With Quote