View Single Post
Old 2010-02-11, 19:38   Link #6050
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Regarding ep4, I want to stress that there is nothing that says everyone is already dead by the time "Beatrice" calls and/or meets with Battler. The only corpse Battler even sees before then is George; he sees Gohda and Kumasawa "hanging," but there's no indication they'd been shot yet. Let's be very generous and say all could be faking/not dead yet, so that's 0-3 corpses seen. Then there's "Beatrice" who is very clearly alive at that point, though she must die thereafter.

Battler then goes inside and sees seven people in the dining room, the "first twilight" victims + Maria. I'll assume he's not mistaken here so that's 7-10 corpses. Kanon's death cannot be temporally confirmed until such time as Battler finds a ninth body (Kanon died ninth, so once nine dead people turn up we know Kanon's dead sometime before then).

After that, Battler doesn't find anyone else until the next morning when he finds Jessica, Kyrie, Krauss, Shannon, Nanjo, Kumasawa, and Gohda. Though both Kyrie and Jessica's phone calls suggested their imminent deaths, they don't prove a thing. As far as we know, all of those people could have been alive until the morning of the 5th. Most likely they weren't, but it wouldn't altogether surprise me if more than three people were alive at the time of the meeting with "Beatrice."
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote