View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 21:11   Link #56
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Nobody takes power it is given to them by the rest of us because we are either too stupid or afraid to do anything. They did it because it is what they wanted afterwards like children who ate too much candy point it was them... Always them.

Ezelcant made promises the Vegans gave him the power he wanted. So don't say Vegan civilians are blameless.

We are still guilt tripping the Germans and Japanese for what they did.
So you are saying the populace is partly to blame. Maybe so, but they are still civilians. No civilian mass has ever done anything that world warrant genocide. They may make collectively stupid decisions, but the individuals themselves can not be labeled with a mark of death just because of the place they are born.

Also, doesn't it seem obvious that Ezelcant would make it to power? I was talking bout perception in my post, and from the people's perspective, it seems completely logical and rational to want to go back to earth. For their time and place, Ezelcant IS the will of the people. However, I doubt many of the citizens asked for a mass genocide of the other side. They hardly know anything about the atrocities that their military commits.

A: I want to go to earth and get away from these dangerous rays.
B: Give me power, and I will give you a better life on earth.
A: Alright. Sounds reasonable.
B: Now to achieve our goal, I'm going to murder civilians
A: "Ignorant of what's actually happening, because governments always lie or tell half truths".

When it comes down to it, you just can't put all the blame on citizens, who are mostly concerned about simple day to day living.

About the "Giving Japanese/Germans a hard time. Yes, but only idiots do this. I read a bunch ignorant Americans saying that the Japanese got what they deserved with the Tsunami/Earthquake, because it was "revenge" for Pearl Harbor. Only idiots cling on to sentiments like that. There is no "we" in the guilt tripping. It is "them", because it's certainly not me.

Last edited by Gomenasai; 2012-08-01 at 21:24.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote